EcoVadis Rewarded GEODIS With “Gold” recognition level
Again in this year, GEODIS was glorified with the “Gold” recognition level by EcoVadis. Therefore, as compared to 2018, the group has continued its upward progression with an overall grade of 72/100*. GEODIS is now put among the top 300 companies out of a total of 30,000 assessed with its excellent ratings. EcoVadis has recognized GEODIS as one of the most advanced and committed businesses in all sectors combined, in terms of environmental, social, ethical and responsible purchasing approaches.
Marie-Christine Lombard, Chief Executive Officer of GEODIS says: “I am very pleased as this is the highest result since the Group’s first assessment in 2009. It recognizes more than 10 years of working to carry out concrete and consistent CSR actions as well as our unwavering commitment to satisfy all stakeholders, fully including society at large.
The EcoVadis evaluation focuses on four topics for which GEODIS obtained the following scores:
- Environment: Top 1% of companies assessed by EcoVadis – 90/100
- Labor & Human Rights: Top 3% – 70/100
- Sustainable Procurement: Top 3% – 60/100
- Fair Business Practices: Top 9% – 60/100
The significant progress (+10 points) on the fair business practices theme is particularly related to the measures set up in the context of the GDPR**, for example:
- Procedures and measures implemented to protect the confidential data of our customers
- Measures to protect the customer or the customer’s data against unauthorized access or disclosure
- Restrictions on the type and amount of confidential information collected and stored
Philippe de Carné, Executive Vice President Business Development, Innovation & Business Excellence, comments: “This recognition demonstrates the successful implementation of our CSR approach and encourages us to go further. Whether it concerns data privacy, HR practices and of course taking action to reduce the environmental impact of our activities, we are committed to reinforcing the scope of the actions we undertake, with the objective to reach the best standards of corporate citizenship.”