Dredge Yard adds another innovative dredging solution to their portfolio: the adaptive auger head. The adaptive auger head has two retractable visors placed both on the front and backside of the auger head. The visors move in and out, according to the shape of the seabed and according to the depth. A hydraulic arrangement and pressure settings enable this automatic visor movement. The adaptive auger head achieves several benefits by following the ground during dredging.
The video below explains the working and advantages of our adaptive auger head.
Benefits of the adaptive auger head
- More production of the sand in less time. The adaptive visors create a strong suction vacuum by continuously following ground.
- Much less turbidity than with conical (basket) type cutter heads. Because the adaptive visors control the material spillage. This is a big advantage when dredging in contaminated areas.
- The adaptive system saves marine life by protecting animals from entering the suction system in the dredger.
- This system ensures an even surface at all depths.
- It is suitable for unmanned dredging. The adaptive visors automatically adjust with the ground. That makes them very useful for remote controlled dredgers that work in areas where environment is risky for operators.
- The solution perfect for environmental dredging. The adaptive visors keep marine life from getting trapped in the dredging system. They also cause low or even zero turbidity.
- Low investment.
Remediation / environmental dredging
The adaptive auger head is, as mentioned above, perfect for environmental dredging or remediation for a number of reasons:
- Adaptive auger head supports cleanup operations that are specifically aimed at removing contaminated sediments that can endanger marine and human life.
- Remediation dredging means that the thinnest layers possible are accurately removed so that the least possible quantities of contaminated material are dredged.
- Treatment of contaminated sediment is costly and secure disposal areas are limited, precision dredging offers a viable solution. Contaminated sediments can be a big risk to human health, the environment and it may limit the use of many water bodies.
- The adaptive visors enclose the area being dredged and prevent sediment from drifting into the surrounding waters.
Other applications for the adaptive auger head
The adaptive auger head is not only suitable for environmental dredging, but for a variety of applications. It is also useful in river and canal dredging, water intake cleaning and dredging and marina or harbor maintenance.
Not all types of dredging or maintenance have to be very precise. But certain projects demand environmental society clearance. In such cases, the adaptive auger head adds value to your product, making it very versatile and usable in any project.